Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stop Your Griping!

Yesterday, I posted the LA Times story of the “Deathly Hallows” movie split. BIG NEWS, I know! It’s been talked about for some time, and I’m glad that it has finally been confirmed. I should note that the films will likely be two 2.5 hour films.

Since the announcement, all of Potter fandom has been discussing the split. People are really excited about this. So, what I don’t get is why are so many folks talking about how bad of an idea this will be?! I keep hearing, “We have to wait 6 months in between?!” or “2010! That’s too long to wait!” or “David Yates is directing? Why?!” Just get over it people!! We get one more complete Harry Potter movie!! Eight instead of seven!! That is happy news, regardless of the wait (though it is a valid point – who wants to wait?). Stop griping! As for Mr. Yates, I happen to think he did an excellent job with “Order of the Phoenix,” so I am happy to see him finish the series. There is no denying, however, that he has an immense task ahead.

No comments: