Monday, March 31, 2008

What's wrong with having both?!

So, I have been having this ongoing banter with my boyfriend about whether I really need the audio books of all seven of the Potter books. After all, I do have hard cover copies of all seven books in a special collection set.

Any true Potter fan can, however, attest to the need for the audio books, in addition to the printed books. They both offer the reader two vastly different experiences. Duh!

The audio books, read by Jim Dale, are as spectacular a rendition of a book as I have heard from any narrator. I haven’t listened to many audio books in my time; however, compared to the ones I have listened to, the Harry Potter series stands above the entire lot. Jim Dale is an excellent narrator. He has won multiple Grammys for his work and the entire series has been inducted into the Audiobook Hall of Fame.

At some point, I would like to start with “Sorcerer’s Stone” and listen to each successive one until the end to experience the whole tale as it was meant to be

If you haven’t yet discovered the Potter audio books, give yourself a treat and listen to them! Dale brings the characters to life in all seven of the books. His ability to shift between Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and all of the other characters will simply amaze you. The books are great to listen to on the way to or from work or on a cold and rainy day; you get a chance to escape into Harry’s world, where I so often wish I could permanently reside...

No comments: