Monday, May 5, 2008

A Sad Day For This Potter Fan

I have been anxiously awaiting the results of Amazon.com’s Beedle the Bard contest. Sadly, I found out earlier today that I was not one of the semi-finalists and, therefore, will not be flying to London to spend a weekend with The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

It’s really hard for me to write this post; however, I know that I must. Winning this contest may have very well been the most important thing that ever happened to me; however, I will never know what that feels like. I have lost. Though the semi-finalists vying for the top prize all submitted fantastic entries – all worthy of winning – I cannot help but feel that mine was the BETTER ENTRY! Actually, I should say ENTRIES. I wrote 3 entries – one for my guy friend and one for my sister, both of whom didn’t take the contest or my deep interest in winning seriously enough to even think about helping me out. I had to do it for them!! And, what's worse, is that I had three chances to win, and I still couldn’t pull it off.

I'm upset. Saddened by the results.

Alas, it is time to move on. There shall be other contests, other prizes; however, a part of me feels that this one was “the one,” and having lost makes me feel like I should abandon my deep affection for the wonderful world of Harry Potter and limit my appreciation for the work to a more simpler level; this way, I won’t be so upset over losing a contest as AMAZING as this in the future.

It is a sad day indeed…

No comments: