Friday, April 17, 2009

Final "Half Blood Prince" Trailer Released

This has been quite an exciting week for Harry Potter fans. First, a cleaned up version of the international trailer for Half Blood Prince surfaced online last weekend. Then, a few days ago, Warner Brothers announced that it would be moving up the release of the sixth film by two days (now July 15). And, yesterday, we found out that the Epilogue from Deathly Hallows will be shot for the final film, and that they will be using the original Potter cast, not older look-alike actors.

Nothing, however, beats this - the new extended, and final, trailer for Half Blood Prince. It's certainly a treat! The best trailer yet, in my opinion! It confirms what I already knew: I'm seeing this opening night! The real question is how many times am I going to see it?! Yup, the new trailer is that good.

Most of you know that this is my favorite book in the series. After I read it, one of my first thoughts was that it would make a fantastic movie. The stark imagery in the book, especially in those passages with Harry and Dumbledore in the cave, is enough to make your mind dizzy with thoughts about how this would finally be represented on film. To my absolute delight, it seems like they have done a fantastic job based on what we are seeing in these trailers, especially this latest one. We see a lot more of the cave in this trailer, more of Draco and Bellatrix, and Snape! I almost fell off my chair when he muttered "It's over" in that tone that only Alan Rickman can so perfectly deliver. We also get a completely haunting view of Katie Bell suspended in the air after being cursed by the necklace. Wow. The film looks absolutely amazing y'all! *squeal* I cannot wait!

One more piece of news for you before you start watching the trailer... MTV will be airing an extended look at the film with commentary from producer David Heyman in its summer-movie preview next week! So, be sure to look for that!


No comments: