Wednesday, April 15, 2009

July 15, 2009!

The release date for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince has been moved again....but this time to an earlier day! The film will now be released on Wednesday, July 15th, instead of the previously scheduled July 17th date.

The Associated Press ran an article this morning with a quote from the Head of Distribution at Warner Brothers, Dan Fellman. He explains why they moved the date to two days earlier:

“That gives the movie a head-start on the weekend during what's shaping up as a highly competitive summer season for Hollywood, which has major franchise films opening virtually every week.

"Every day the kids are out of school in summer is just like an extra Saturday," Fellman said.

Well, I’m certainly not complaining. After already pushing the release back by nearly 8 months, every little bit counts. Each day where we don’t have to wait is a treasure. Just last night, after the news broke, I went to my computer so I could Twitter about the date change. I happen to have a Half Blood Prince countdown widget on my desktop and glanced over at it while I was working. I noticed the clock read “93 days,” but, in fact, it’s 91 days now…well, it’ll be 90 days by the time you read this! What a difference two days makes! It really does people! Woo hoo!

Oh, and you know what else I'm not complaining about? A new Half Blood Prince movie trailer that is scheduled to be released TOMORROW, April 16, at 8:00pm CST, that's what! So, mark your calendars, set your alarms, and be ready to hit that refresh button :-)

No comments: