Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Admit, I Didn't Know

So, my guy friend and I were walking around Target a few days ago when all of a sudden he stumpted me with a Harry Potter trivia question..."What kind of company does Uncle Vernon work for; what do they make?"

I was totally clueless! I had no idea...except that I did, but I just could not remember the answer! While he went to the electronics section (how typical) and to play around in the toy department (not typical for a man in his twenties), I set out to find a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. "The answer has to be in the first book," I thought to myself.

Finally, I found a paper back edition and began anxiously flipping through the pages. I checked the first three chapters, up to "The Keeper of Keys," but I just couldn't find the answer.

I began to feel frustrated, hopeless...even a bit guilty for forgetting.

I walked around the store with the book in my hand for about 15 minutes. Finally, my guy friend met me in one of the aisles. I waved the book at him and said, "I don't know! I checked the book, but I can't find the answer. Please tell me the answer!"

He laughed.

He took the book from my hand, opened it up to the first page of chapter one, and directed me to the second paragraph. "Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills."

UGH! How could I have missed it!

Anyway...

So, I have a great Harry Potter joke for today. Ready?

Knock Knock
Who's there?
You Know
You Know who?

ahahahahaaaahahahahhaaahahahaaaaa!

What, you're not laughing?

AVADA KEDAVRA!

No comments: