Thursday, June 12, 2008

The First Comment

Forgive me, but I must vent…

This morning, I received a message in my Inbox. The subject line stated that someone – for the sake of privacy, let’s call him He Who Must Not Be Named – commented on my latest blog entry, “The Prequel.” How excited I was that someone finally noticed and commented on my blog. After all, I have been working on making MuggleGuide the go-to place for all things Harry Potter. It is a place for me to communicate to fellow Potter lovers my deep affection for the books, films, and all things Potter!

It was shocking, therefore, to discover that the person who commented on my blog didn’t do so in solidarity or support of my work, but to insult it and me, along with my fellow Harry Potter friends. Here is what he wrote:

"Get a life loser! harry potter sucks. plus dumbeldore’s so gay he loved harry. You people have no life LOSERS!!!!!!"

This type of rhetoric will not be tolerated. It is insulting, divisive, and prejudiced. (Further, this unnamed individual spelled the Greatest Sorcerer of All Time - Dumbledore's - name wrong. How dare you!) If Harry Potter has taught us anything, it has taught us morality, acceptance, kindness and friendship, and to act in accordance with one’s inherent good. He Who Must Not Be Named, you are an evil Death Eater and I condemn your comments!

I will not start a war.

Instead, I will encourage my fellow Potter lovers to come together and spread positive Potter messages. We shall call it Butterbeer Banter! It is for people like me, who are smitten with all things Harry Potter, to spread the love, using my blog as a portal. It’s simple – just post your positive comments to my stories! This way, comments made by He Who Must Not Be Named and other Death Eaters will be outnumbered and, eventually, vanquished from the Potter Fandom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today I found your blog and I am already in love with it! Hopefully that will cancel out that nasty comment!

Signed-

Mortified Muggle with a serious Hogwart fixation.

(I am actually a 36 year old sometimes-adult who loves the books and films. Kinda creepy I know....)