Thursday, June 3, 2010

'Deathly Hallows' Sneak Peek to Debut at MTV Movie Awards

It's about time. I was starting to think Warner Brothers and HP producers forgot about the Potter fandom and our love for film teasers! MTV has announced that the first clip from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 will be revealed at the MTV Movie Awards this Sunday, June 6th:

"The MTV Movie Awards have a long-established history of bringing you sneak peeks of highly anticipated upcoming flicks, and this Sunday's show is no exception. The star-packed show... will feature an exclusive, never-before-seen clip from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1," the first half of the epic two-part finale in the "Potter" film series, which will hit theaters November 19."

With the summer movie season well underway, I hope this clip is part of WB's larger lead-up to the debut of the first Deathly Hallows teaser or theatrical trailer. Last I heard, music for the trailer is currently being composed, signaling a possible late summer release of the trailer. Since some of the bigger-named movies for the summer have already come out (Iron Man 2, Shrek 3, Prince of Persia), I think we will have to wait until July or August before we see anything. Possible films in which the trailer could appear sooner include The Karate Kid (6/11), the new Twilight movie, Eclipse (6/30) and Toy Story 3 (6/18). My guess would be Toy Story 3, but these are rather early release dates. Maybe I'll be right? Who knows...

In the meantime, I'm sure we will all enjoy the new clip. You could always rewatch the sneak peek from the HBP DVD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q9IIM3_TTA. I know I have!

No comments: