Monday, June 14, 2010

It's a Wrap!

The Potter fandom has known for some time that the final day of filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows would be in June. We now know that Saturday, June 12th, was the final day.

Daniel Radcliffe spoke about the final weekend of filming at last night's Tony Awards ceremony, where he was a presenter:

"Everyone was really devastated. It was really, really sad. We're crying quite a lot."

Warwick Davis, who plays Griphook and Professor Flitwick in the films, posted the following on his Twitterfeed:

"The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x...and goodbye Griphook!"

Well, it's certainly an end of an era. While I am anxiously awaiting the final two films, I know I will feel an immense void once I see the final scene of Part 2 next year. The books and films mean a great deal to me and it's sad to hear the doors to Hogwarts are now closed. For those of you who share my sentiments, I recommend a great piece on MTV's website which discusses what worked best for the Potter films. You can find it here.

Congratulations to the great David Heyman, David Yates, David Barron, J.K. Rowling, Stuart Craig, Steve Kloves, and the entire cast and crew of Harry Potter! We look forward to the final chapter!

No comments: